Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Terms and Conditions
Daily dog walking consists of a 30/60 minute visit. Most days a 30/60 minute walk will take place. In the case of extreme weather conditions, e.g. blinding rain or snow, or pet injury/ illness, or on client request, the dog will be given time outside to relieve him/herself and then the rest of the visit will be spent inside with client-approved activities.
1. I agree to provide keys / arrange for keys to be available for Pets Outdoors for the dog walking / pet sitting appointment.
2.I can confirm (and provide documentation) that my pets vaccinations are up to date and that they are on a flea and tick/worming program. Note: Although every care is taken to prevent contact with dogs with Kennel Cough, the incubation period means that it is always possible your dog may pick this up and we cannot be held liable for your dog contracting Kennel Cough. We strongly advise you discuss kennel cough with your vet.
3. I authorise Pets Outdoors to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with my pet. Every effort will be made to contact the owner prior to obtaining emergency care. I accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. I also authorise Pets Outdoors to utilise an alternative veterinarian in the event my regular veterinarian is unavailable.
4. I agree to reimburse Pets Outdoors for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits, transportation, housing, food, or supplies.
5. Customer will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the pet sitter or other persons by the pet. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Pets Outdoors in the event of a claim by any person injured by the pet.
6. Client agrees to notify Pets Outdoors of any concerns/complaints within 24 hours of any appointments.
7. Clients must give a minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel any appointments or the full amount will be collected.
Pets Outdoors Responsibilities
8. Pets Outdoors agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against pets Outdoors, its employees or assigns, except those arising from negligence of the pet sitter.
9. Pets Outdoors accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to the home during the term of this agreement. During all assignments pet care will only be undertaken by Pets Outdoors owner or employees, unless prearranged with client.
10. Pets Outdoors will not let any dog off his/her lead unless express owner consent has been given.
11. Pets Outdoors is not responsible for damage incurred by pet escaping because of a faulty
tack/leash/collar or a collar that is not properly fitting.
12. Pets Outdoors will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
13. It is expressly understood that Pets Outdoors shall not be held responsible for any damage to client’s property, or that of others, caused by client’s pets during the period in which they are in its care. Client has advised Pets Outdoors of all situations, which will relieve it of liability for damage.
14. This agreement is valid for all future visits until a new agreement is signed. Pets Outdoors reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time, at its sole discretion; likewise, client may terminate this agreement at any time. There is no term of contract for daily dog walking.
15. Pets Outdoors agrees to love and care for your pet whilst you are absent.
BOARDING Terms and Conditions
1. The client agrees to provide full and honest information to PetsOutdoors about their pets during the booking procedures. Behaviour which may negatively impact on myself Cassie) my own dogs, those boarding, my home or my neighbours will not be accepted. These include but are not limited to excessive barking or anti-social behaviour, aggression towards any humans or animals, toileting in the home, separation anxiety, howling, barking, destructive behaviour, straying and phobias.
2. The emergency contact will be asked to take over care for the dog(s) in the event of an emergency, be it an evacuation at my home in the event of a fire or such like or if you’re dog displayed behaviour which meant they can no longer be cared for. These behaviours can be, but not limited to, aggression, separation anxiety, anti-social behaviour, toileting or destructive behaviour in my home. Refunds will not be given under these circumstances. Please seek permission for your emergency contact to be nominated. The client agrees that if their pet attacks another animal or person, including any representative of PetsOutdoors, and this results in injury to that animal or person, they will be responsible for any expense incurred as a result. This includes payment of veterinary fees incurred as a result of injuries to another animal caused by their dog. The dog will be removed with immediate effect and placed with the emergency contact and no refund will be due.
3. Clients agree to an introductory meeting to allow myself (Cassie) to meet the dog(s) and discuss aspects of care and also introduce them to my own dogs. This meeting will usually take place in my home by arrangement after a group walk or for a half day. Occasionally an overnight trial (up to 24 hours) may be required both at a cost to the client of my standard rate.
4. I agree I will be handing over my dog(s) to PetOutdoors in good health. Any current illnesses or ailments will be disclosed and any medication for such ailments will be supplied and detailed on the Medication Permission form, overleaf. If any illness appears or has not been disclosed upon drop off and appears to be or is diagnosed as contagious, the emergency contact will be asked to collect the dog with immediate effect. No refund will be given in this circumstance. A dog can only be returned to PetsOutdoors for the remainder of the booking if their vet has deemed any illness as no threat to myself or other dogs. This must be in writing from your vet on their letterhead and signed. If a period of more than one month elapses between a booking confirmation and the commencement of service, the client must ensure that PetOutdoors are informed of any changes made to the pet’s health, routine or care. This can be done by the client in writing to PetOutdoors.
5. All dates and times are looked upon as appointments and must be followed. Please remember this is my business but also my home and if you arrive early, please wait until the agreed time to ring the doorbell as dogs may be feeding or I may be attending to other customers. If you are running more than 15 minutes late, I (Cassie) take no responsibility for being unavailable to receive your dog or for you to collect your dog. If you are unavoidably delayed by more than fifteen minutes, you must contact myself before the arranged time to arrange another suitable time for drop off or collection. Please only call or text to arrange, if you use any other form of messaging this may not be received if I am not in a WiFi enabled area.
6. Once the introductory meeting is successful a booking fee must be paid which will amount to 50% of the total cost of the service. If the check-in date is less than 28 days away from initial enquiry or from the day of the introduction then full payment is required. All remaining fees must be paid 28 days in advance of the check-in date. No booking is confirmed until the booking fee/full fees are paid. Client understands they may forfeit their booking space if the booking fee/full fees are not paid within 24 hours of the introduction or for returning customers, if the booking fee/full fees are not received within 24 hours of the booking enquiry.
7. If the service ( Boarding for longer than 2 day) is cancelled up to 28 days before commencement of the check-in date, the booking fee will be held on account for future services or where no future bookings are required the booking fee will be non-refundable. When the service is cancelled within 28 days of commencement of the check-in date or you fail to show up for the booking, the full amount is payable. PetOutdoors does not charge an extra administration fee for cancelled bookings. Cancellations must be made in writing by email, text or via my Facebook page. A full refund will only be given in the event of the dogs death or as a result of serious illness or injury, vets confirmation will be required.
8. The client agrees that their dog(s) will come into contact with other dogs, both in and outside of PetOutdoors premises. On such occasions, dogs from separate households will not be left together unsupervised, or at night. By signing these terms and conditions you are agreeing to your dog(s) sharing supervised socialisation times with dogs from other households. You are also consenting to your own dogs sharing unsupervised time during the day and at night with each other. If this is something you are appose to, please state in the client details form.
9. Owners are hereby consenting that if their dog(s) are under one year of age that, where possible will be given the opportunity to have supervised interaction with people, children and dogs (big and small) to ensure their socialisation and emotional growth. They should be given time to explore the environment and be kept entertained with activities. All training will be force free and positively rewarding. I will continue any basic training you have started. I am not a qualified trainer or behaviourist. Dogs under a year old will only board with other young dogs that can cope with puppy play. I will encourage rest time even if that mean separating the dogs. Any sign of Illness I will segregate the puppy and contact you and the vet. Your puppy will be walked for an appropriate time for their age and development.
10. The client agrees that if insufficient food or other supplies are provided to cover their pet’s stay, the cost of purchasing additional items will be payable on collection of their dog(s). The client will inform their veterinarian that PetOutdoors will be caring for their pets while they are away (or at work) and if possible arrange for card details to be held, so that emergency payments can be made. Any veterinary fees that are incurred for your pets and have been paid by PetOutdoors ,must be reimbursed immediately on your return. Your dog(s) medical history and treatment must be made available in the event of illness or injury. If your dog shows signs of disease or illness s/he will be isolated from the other dogs until I have advice from the vet. Following infectious disease I will undergo a quarantine period before boarding again. I will inform my licencing team of any death in the premises and arrangements for your dog’s body to be stored at the vets until you return. You are responsible for all vets bills. If a dog was to escape, the local warden would be contacted immediately alongside the owners.
11. If a medical emergency arises for the dog(s), PetOutdoors will make every effort to contact the client and their emergency contact. Where time is of the essence, the client authorises PetOutdoors to seek medical services at the nearest veterinary practice. The client agrees to reimburse for all services rendered by a veterinarian in accordance with the owners wishes as stated and signed in the veterinary release form.
12. Unless otherwise agreed, your dog(s) will be exercised on a harness or collar and a soft lead. Where a client is happy that their dog is allowed to run free off the lead, they must be willing to sign an off lead disclaimer, under which the client agrees to accept responsibility for accident, injury or loss, caused by or to their dog.
13. In the event of serious accident or illness of myself (Cassie) the client accepts that alternative emergency cover will be arranged for their dog(s). This will be done with the involvement of the client’s emergency contact(s) wherever possible, and as far as possible would be within the boarding provision of PetOutdoors.
14. All dogs must be fully up to date with their yearly vaccinations or titre tested with certificate of proof (kennel cough is not compulsory in home boarding), they must also be wormed and treated for fleas/tics before being placed with myself (Cassie), and this is the clients responsibility. All vaccinations or course of vaccinations should be completed at least 2 weeks prior to any boarding. PetOutdoors reserves the right to decline to accept any animal that arrives for boarding looking visibly unwell, no refund will be given if declined. We cannot board dogs who have been in kennels or large day care facilities within the month preceding the board. This is because of the risk of infection to other dogs within our homes.
15. Any dog who is not collected within two days of the agreed collection date, and where there has been no contact from the client or their emergency contact will be assumed abandoned and any necessary provisions made.
16. PetsOutdoors will carry out all agreed services in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client waives and relinquishes any and all claims against PetsOutdoors except those arising from gross negligence or misconduct on the part of PetsOutdoors.
17. The client authorises the signed contract to be valid approval for future services, therefore allowing PetsOutdoors to accept future bookings without additional signed contracts or authorisation. By signing below I am promising to read these terms and conditions in their entirety.
I, the undersigned, have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of using the services of PetsOutdoors I understand that any outstanding the fee will be paid to Cassie. I confirm that I will be responsible for any costs which might be incurred, either veterinary or other, as a result of any sickness, accident or damage caused to or by the pet named overleaf, excepting third party liability, and that I will pay such costs on return. By signing these forms I am agreeing to follow through with this booking and pay any fees due.